(909) 592-1200


License Suspensions Defense Attorney

There are a lot of ways to lose your license, and one way to fight driver's license suspension: talk to an attorney. I'm defense lawyer Paul E. Antill. I protect the rights of drivers in southern California. Call my office for help: 888.529.5255.

  • Ignoring traffic tickets: If you don't pay that traffic ticket, even a fix-it ticket when you have a bad headlight, the courts will put an automatic hold on your license and issue a warrant for your arrest. The DMV will send you a notice. If you don't do something, your license will be suspended. Now how will you get to work or school?
  • Too many points on your driving record: With a regular Class C license, if you get 4 points in 12 months, 6 points within 24 months, or 8 points within in 36 months, you're looking at a suspended license. It can be suspended for 6 months and you'll be on probation for one year.
  • Failing to pay child support: Did you lose your job? Did you get into a fight with the child's other parent? Were you denied visitation? Whatever the reason, it doesn't matter to the court. You don't pay, you don't drive.
  • Causing an accident: In California, if you have a court judgment against you related to a traffic collision or traffic-based civil issue, the injured party can take that unpaid judgment to court and the DMV will take your license until you've paid up -- or until we go back to court and undo the judgment.
  • Drunk driving charges: If you didn't ask for the DMV hearing, you can expect your license will be suspended.

A Focus on Results

While no lawyer can guarantee results, I have never had a client lose his license for too many points. There are things in the vehicle code that hearing officers need to consider and I make sure they do. Get yourself an attorney, lay the right foundation in a hearing, and you may get probation or the reopening of your case, rather than the loss of your license and maybe your job.

Didn't pay child support? I can file a petition on an emergency basis to prevent you from losing your license. We can work out a structured settlement with the court to resolve problems with back child support so you can keep your license and keep your job.

You DO have options. Put my years of experience and legal know-how to work for you. Contact my law office for a free initial consultation. I'm a strong advocate, protecting your rights in court or DMV hearings.

Contact my San Dimas law office online or call 888.529.5255. I offer FREE initial consultations and accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover.